Strong beginnings lead to
And strong communities.
Our prevention programming provides education, support, and community referrals to support caregivers.
Family-focused and strength-based programs to help you be the best parent you can be.
Good Beginnings is a prenatal and postpartum home visiting program that provides services and support to qualified first-time and second-time caregivers in Peoria and Tazewell counties. Good Beginnings community offerings include:
- Home visiting through Family Support Specialists who provide activities, education, and resources to help you be the best caregiver you can be.
- Community doulas provide labor support, education, postpartum care, and home visits to birthing people in the program beginning at the third trimester through six weeks postpartum.
- Father support group offers new dads education, comradery, and bonding to help all fathers feel supported and prepared for parenthood.
- Prenatal classes are available for expectant birthing people and their partners to learn the best ways to keep everyone healthy during pregnancy.
Additional exclusive programs for all enrolled Good Beginnings families include:
- Spanish and English parent support groups provide additional resources to help caregivers create safe and stable home environments for children in their care.
Good Beginnings is a Healthy Family America accredited program. To make a referral or sign up for Good Beginnings, please email Karen Carter at [email protected]. To find out more about support groups, please email [email protected].
“First [and second] time moms: please come to Good Beginnings! Every question I had, they had an answer.”
— former client
iGrow Coordinated Intake
Children’s Home plays a leadership role in connecting community members with home visiting programs.
Coordinated Intake, also known as iGrow, is a collaborative process that provides families in Peoria and Tazewell counties with a single point of entry for home visiting programs within our community and helps connect families to the best programs to fit their current needs. To be connected to iGrow home visiting programs, call 309-687-7615 or email Chris Heider at [email protected].
Our registered nurses help provide support to new mothers by bringing healthcare providers, community resources, and families together.
Family Connects is a free postpartum home visiting program available to any family who resides in Peoria County. Our qualified staff of Registered Nurses set up visits within a few weeks of a birth to provide assistance with postpartum screenings, educational information, mother and baby health checks, community referrals, and more. For more information about Family Connects, to sign up, or to make a referral, please email [email protected].